Let's serve together with our family/community groups to create and distribute CARE PACKS to every family for every car!
When we meet individuals who are experiencing homelessness, we can encourage them with a genuine hello, a smile, and a CARE PACK!
Our church family will restock our CARE PACKS during the first week of every month!
Books for Africa
American Red Cross Blood Drive
*Upcoming Opportunites Summer 2022
Read with Hope!
Every January communities across the country honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by celebrating the MLK Day of Service. This federal holiday is devoted to inspiring individuals, strengthening communities, bridging barriers, creating solutions to social problems, and moving us closer to Dr. King’s vision of a “Beloved Community.”
The MLK Day of Service recognizes and honors the total legacy of Dr. King—championing the issue of civil rights, highlighting the use of nonviolence to promote change, and calling individuals into public service—while inspiring us to support and improve communities in our own ways.
The North River HOPE Chapter will participate in the MLK Day in two ways this January:
1) American Red Cross Blood Donation Drive:We will join other HOPE Chapters across the nation by donating blood through the American Red Cross SLEEVES UP Campaign during the month of January! The COVID pandemic has created severe blood shortages, and this campaign enables us to easily meet a huge need! Instead of limiting our blood donations to only one day during MLK Day, we can now donate in a more convenient way and generously provide even more units of blood throughout the entire month of January! All previously pledged donors from North River (as well as new donors) can sign up to donate blood HERE with this direct link to the Sleeves Up Campaign. You will see ALL of the American Red Cross donation sites within your zip code where you can donate! Simply fill out the short application, pick a day, time and a convenient site near you! We encourage everyone to invite family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and folks from your community to become a “blood buddy” to donate with you as you give blood and the gift of life! Our goal at North River is to donate 100 units of blood in the month of January!
2) Donations of Food, Toiletries, School Supplies, and Care Pack items:
We are communicating with several of our trusted community partners to learn what their greatest needs are. On Sunday and Monday (January 16th and 17th) everyone can participate by dropping off these specific donations at the Lighthouse! On Sunday, January 16, volunteers can sign up to sort and distribute these donations to our community partners! Our MLK donation drive last year, as well as our recent coat drive, was a tremendous success in meeting identified needs throughout our local communities! Thank You!
Donation drop off will be Sunday, January 16th 1PM-3PM at the Lighthouse (AND before or after Church service if meeting at Building - to be determined)
Our generous donations will support our valuable community partners who educate, encourage, and empower marginalized children and families, as well as individuals experiencing homelessness!
Our community partners include:
• MUST Ministry Food Pantry
• Mission 1:27 Centers for marginalized children
• Youth Villages (for children experiencing serious challenges)
• Shady Grove Baptist Church providing the homeless with daily meals
• YMCA Food Relief
• Sheltering Arms centers for marginalized children• North River Care Packs for homeless
Donation items needed:
• Diapers, wipes (MUST, YMCA, Sheltering Arms)• Toiletries: soap, shampoo, lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste, tissues, chapsticks, wet wipes (NR Care Packs, MUST, YMCA)
• Teen /adult size socks, underwear, sports bras without wires (Youth Villages)
• Men’s pants (sizes 30-36), Men’s belts (size small)- Shady Grove for homeless• Socks, hats, gloves for homeless
• Candles (all sizes and types, new and used)- Shady Grove for homeless:• Propane (1lb. cans) and Butane fuel (8 ounces) – Shady Grove for homeless
• crayons, colored paper, computer paper, child scissors, playdough, etc.
• Chips, Scooby Snacks, water, Juice boxes, freeze pops, cookies, fruit cups
Home cleaning supplies:
• Disinfectants, paper towels, toilet paper
NR Care Pack Items:
• All above toiletry items, water bottles, socks, Care Cards (notes of encouragement, written by kids and adults!)
NR CARE CARDS
• Please make notes of encouragement for Care Packs, school age children, and “Thank You” cards for HEALTHCARE Professionals!) Kids, teens, and adults can make!
MLK Weekend Volunteer Opportunities
(Please contact Noelle if you are interested in “hands-on” volunteering during one or more of these times. email@example.com; 919-699-8745)
• Saturday, January 15th – Books for Africa – 9AM-11AM – group of 10 sorting books
• Saturday, January 15th – Books for Africa – 12NOON-2PM – group of 10 sorting books
• Sunday, January 16th – NR Lighthouse – 1PM-3PM – 20 volunteers collecting and sorting donations• Monday, January 17th – NR Lighthouse – 1PM-3PM – 20 volunteers sorting donations, making care packs
Contact: Jasmine Jackson, Program Director
Phone: 404-849-5570 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A North River Church of Christ program providing youth empowerment, family food support, childrens' school supplies supports STEAM-based curriculum and sports camps. Ongoing opportunities within the neighboring community.
Contact: Sherry Miller (NR Member)
Phone: 954-644-2233 Email: email@example.com
Volunteers of all ages can create short, positive videos to encourage homebound kids by reading popular children’s books, demonstrating sports and music skills, and sharing about career options!
Check out this info link!
Contacts: Jen Hale, Coordinator- firstname.lastname@example.org
NR Contact: Noelle Broyles, 919-699-8745; email@example.com (Please contact Noelle if you'd like to volunteer with other NR volunteers or create a group volunteer time).
Contact: Noelle Broyles (NR Member) Phone: 919-699-8745; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Respected Early Childhood Development centers (13) throughout the Atlanta area providing education/support for at-risk children.
Contact: Debbie Swain (NR Member)
Phone: 757-812-0256 Email: email@example.com
Monthly Encouragement Cards & Birthday Party Supplies desired!
120 care cards needed each month!
Contact: Jasmine Jackson Phone: 404-849-5570 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Noelle Broyles Phone: 919-699-8745 Email: email@example.com
Quarterly opportunities for North River members to organize and distribute food boxes for at-risk school-age children and families within Marietta. Specific supplemental donations are regularly needed.
Monthly Encouragement cards and specific donations desired!
125 care cards needed each month!
Contact: Noelle Broyles; 919-699-8745; firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Book Lending and Reading Opps with children in the local community, and sharing books around the world!