These are some of the most important things that we believe. The Bible tells us that these beliefs unite all parts of Jesus’ body, the church (Eph 4:3-6).
- One God: There is one God and Father who is over all and through all and in all.
- One Lord: Jesus Christ is Lord, the Son of God. He teaches us how to live, died for our sins, and was raised from the dead. Jesus reveals the Father to us, and we follow him. He is with us always.
- One Spirit: There is one Spirit of God, who lives in us, and testifies that we are children of God.
- One body: There is one body, the universal church. By watching our life and doctrine closely, we have the confidence that God wants us to have, that we are a part of that one body.
- One hope: There is one hope of eternal life, which makes our earthly struggles light and momentary.
- One faith: There is one faith, the trust that Jesus is the Son of God, whom God raised from the dead.
- One baptism: There is one baptism, at which each believing, repentant disciple has received the forgiveness of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit, and has been added into the body of Christ.