FOR DISCUSSION IN SMALL GROUPS
THE KINGDOM OF GOD: IDENTITY
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:26-28)
- How did liberation from sin and the call to repentance impact your purpose in life?
- How does God’s Kingdom affect our worldview? Or How does God’s Kingdom give us a shared worldview?
- Is Christianity only about being liberated from sin?
- What does this passage have to say about Jesus’ identity?
- What is God’s role in the process?
- What does it mean to fulfill all righteousness?
- How does God's Kingdom give each of us a new identity?
- How does God’s Kingdom make all of us one?
- How does identity politics get in the way of our new identity in Christ?
- How is identity politics a worldview different from God’s Kingdom worldview?
- How do our other identities tug at us?
- What is the difference between a righteousness of our own and one that comes from God?
- What are the main things that make up your identity? When do they come into conflict with your identity in Christ?
- How would your life be different if you saw your identity though God’s eyes?
- How can you align and deepen your convictions to embrace the truth of who you are in God’s eyes?
Pray this week to be able to better view yourself through the lens of Kingdom identity, and ask God to show you ways to use His righteousness to bless others.