FOR DISCUSSION IN SMALL GROUPS
THE KINGDOM OF GOD: Ambassadors
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:20-21)
- What does being an ambassador of the Kingdom of God look like in your life?
- How do we tend to regard people from a worldly point of view? What does it mean to not do that?
- What can take our focus off of the mission and off of our ambassadorial role?
- What made so many disciples of Jesus turn back?
- What were you rescued from to become a Christian?
- What role should gratefulness play in our lives as disciples?
- In what ways do I allow God to fill me with gratitude?
- What does it mean to participate in Jesus’ sufferings?
- How does suffering affect our opinion about God?
John 15:16, 19
- How does knowing who you are help you know what to do?
- What would make the world hate Christians?
- How can we focus on representing Christ wherever we are?
- How can we, as ambassadors, take the focus off ourselves?
- What can prevent us from letting ourselves be used by God?